AOC Bordeaux Pink
Low acidity, not aggressive.
This wine is elegant and enjoyable, fine and fruity, light and easy to drink.
|Since 1854 our exploitation is in the family, |
Owned by Patrick Carteyron since 1982.
Surface area of the vineyard :
40 hectares. Only 5 hectares for this wine.
Grape varieties of the Rosé : Cabernet Sauvignon 90%, Merlot 10%
Terroir : Clayey, silty, sandy soils.
- Harvesting when the grapes are at optimal aromatic ripeness (i.e. 4 to 5 days before the tannins are ripe).
- Total de-stemming.
- After 4 hours of maceration in vat, the juice is slightly coloured and is separated from the skins.
- It is cooled at 4°C and is kept stable at this cool temperature for 5 days.
- Then it is racked and settled and yeasted with selected strains.
- The fermentation is carried out at a constant temperature of 14°C.
- The wine made does not undergo a malo-lactic fermentation and therefore keeps all its freshness and fruitiness.
- The level of acidity is naturally low because of the good ripeness levels in the grapes.
- The Rosé is aged on its fine lees for 2 months to gain aromatic richness and roundness on the palate.
- After being maintained at cold temperature to achieve a better stability, the wine is bottled very quickly 2 months after the harvest. We therefore add very little sulphur dioxide to our rosé wines, and can ensure our consumers that they run no risk of getting a headache.
Production : 35 000 bottles
Serving : It is the perfect wine to share with friends and to enjoy when relaxing.
| ||VIGNOBLES CARTEYRON |
CHATEAU PENIN - 33420 GENISSAC
Tel : 05 57 24 46 98 Fax : 05 57 24 41 99
Site : www.chateaupenin.com