CHÂTEAU PENIN ROSÉ LES CIGALES
A little bit of "fun" in life, that’s quite nice!
We admire, we love its color and its presentation.
It is attractive, easy to drink; fruity...
“Les Cigales” (Cicadas) are singing the sun and happy way of life.
We always dream for a second glass or a second bottle.
Since 1854 our exploitation is in the family,
Owned by Patrick Carteyron since 1982.
Surface area of the vineyard : 42 hectares. Only 3 hectares for this wine.
Grape varieties : Merlot 50 %, Cabernet sauvignon 50%.
Clayey, silty, sandy soils.
- Harvesting of the grapes at optimum aromatic ripeness
- Total destemming and then put in tank of pressing
- Immediate Draining of grapes in order not to extract color.
- Only free-run juice before pressing will be used to develop this wine.
- Cooling to 4 ° for three days.
- Then settling and seeding selected yeasts.
- The fermentation takes place at a constant temperature of 14 °. It will last about a month.
- The wine is not doing malolactic fermentation to retain its freshness and fruitiness.
The level of acidity is naturally quite low due to the ripeness of the grape. Rosé age on the lees for two months with a thorough protection to prevent oxidation and loss of aroma.
- The bottling will take place in late January with very small doses of sulfur
Production : 10 000 bottles
CHATEAU PENIN - 33420 GENISSAC
Tel : 05 57 24 46 98 Fax : 05 57 24 41 99
Site : www.chateaupenin.com