AOC Bordeaux Supérieur Red
A harmonious, fleshy wine, with vanilla aromas coming from the oak, mingling well with jammy red berry fruit notes.
The overall impression is complex, fine, mellow and full of charm.
|Since 1854 our exploitation is in the family, |
Owned by Patrick Carteyron since 1982.
Surface area of the vineyard :
This blend is made from a selection of 15 hectares of our best soils where the vines are all more than 30 years old.
Grape varieties : Merlot 100%.
Terroir : Gravelly, pebbly, sandy.
Crop-yield control :
- thinning of the shoots in spring to avoid entangling of vegetation.
- crop thinning in july and at the beginning of august elimination of any bunches that are behind in the ripening process.
- Harvesting at optimum grape ripeness.
- Total de-stemming
- cold macerate during 5 days
- Fermentation in temperature controlled stainless steel vats
- 20 to 30 days vatting period according to tasting.
- The wines are racked into barrel at the beginning of November, shortly after the running off.
- The barrels are made of fine-grained Allier oak. One third of them are renewed every year ; we therefore keep them for a maximum of 3 years.
- The wines age traditionally for a period of 12 months, of which 6 are spent on the lees.
- The wines are regularly oxygenated at the beginning of the ageing. The doses of oxygen incorporated are determined according to the richness and tannic structure of each batch.
Production : 75 000 bottles
| ||VIGNOBLES CARTEYRON |
CHATEAU PENIN - 33420 GENISSAC
Tel : 05 57 24 46 98 Fax : 05 57 24 41 99
Site : www.chateaupenin.com